28. O my good and worthy cognitive faculty, I beseach thee, that with swift expidience, thou shouldst seek asylum with one named Radha, of most charming disposition; who is a boundless and plumbless ocean of the ambrosia of love, brimming over with wondrous compassion, and who is gracefuly seated in a bower cottage formed of wish-yeilding vines and creepers.
Post by madanmohandas on Aug 2, 2008 16:51:55 GMT -6
zrIrAdhikAM nijaviTena sahAlapantIM zonAdharaprasrmaracchavimanjarIkAm/ sindUrasaMvalitamauktikapanktizobhAM yo bhAvayeddazanakundavatI sa dhanyah//
29. Blessed is he who in his contemplation perceives the beauteous Radha, from whose ruddy lips sprout new blossoms of exquisit lustre while holding discourse with her amorous lover, and whose Jasmin-bud like lovely teeth resemble a strand of pearls besmeared with vermillion, ( due to chewing betel leaf wraps.)
In Haridas Sastri's reading, the line, 'sindUrasaMvalitamauktikapanktizobhAM', he has, ' who ( Radha) has vermillion powder in her hair parting, bordered with a string of pearls.' And Advaitadas' English rendering has, ' In her part which is beautified by a row of pearls.' In the above translation I have followed The Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan edition.
Post by madanmohandas on Aug 4, 2008 1:49:12 GMT -6
pItAruNacchavimanantataDillatAbhAM prauDhAnurAgamadavihvalacArumUrtim/ premAspadAM vrajamahIpatitanmahiSyor- govindavanmanasi tAM nidadhAmi rAdhAm//
30. I bear in my mind that Radha, who radiates the lustre of the golden dawn, and shines with the brilliance of endless flashes of lightning; whose beautiful form is highly aggitated by the rapturous delerium of the extremity of passion, and who is doted upon with as much fond affection by the king of Vraja and his queen as is Govinda himself.
Post by madanmohandas on Aug 5, 2008 5:20:23 GMT -6
nirmAya cArumukuTaM navacandrakeNa gunjAbhirAracitahAramupahArayantI/ vrndATavInavanikunjagrhAdhidevyAh zrIrAdhike tava kadA bhavitasmi dAsI//
31. O Sri Radhike, O tutelary goddess of Vrnda forest's new bower groves, when shall I be thy serving maid? And having fashoined a beautiful crown with fresh Peacock's plumes, and strung a wreath of Gunja berries, when shall I deliver these articles to thee?
32. O Sri Radhike, cast thy gracious glance on me, who am ambitious to prepare a soft bed of tender shoots in the assignation bower, to escort thee to the rendevou with the moon'like Dark One, and to accept with true and certain delight, the favours shown to me by thee.
33. Having abandoned from a distance all kith and kin, and comforts and profit to be gained a million fold, and having long despared with all excellent disciplines for the attainment of lifes ultimate fulfilment, I recall to my mind the pollen-dust of Sri Radhika's feet, which shower torrents of her natural and wondrous joy. vrndATavIprakaTamanmathakoTimUrteh kasyApi gokulakizoranizAkarasya/ sarvasvasampuTamiva stanazAtakumbha- kumbhadvayaM smara mano vrSabhanuputryA//
34. O mind, recall the ample breasts of Vrsabhanu's daughter, lika a pair of pitchers wraught of gold, and which resemble a pair of treasure chests, containing the entire possession of some indeterminate moon-like adolescent of Gokula, who is manifest in Vrnda forest with the captivating beauty of a million Cupids.
sAndrAnurAgarasasArasarah sarojaM kiM vA dvidhA mukulitaM mukhacandrabhAsA/ tannUtanastanayugaM vrSabhAnujAyAh svAnadasIdhumakarandaghanaM smarAmi//
35. I recall the swelling breasts of Vrsabhanu's daughter, which are densley filled with the concentrated nectar distilled from the ambrosia of her inherent joy, or like a couple of lotus buds, sprung from the lake of the raptures of intence passion, and developing under the lustre shed from the bright orb of her moon-face.
Post by madanmohandas on Aug 7, 2008 14:17:29 GMT -6
krIDAsarah kanakapankajakuDmalAya svAnandapUrNarasakalpataroh phalAya/ tasmai namo bhuvanamohanamohanAya zrIrAdhike tava navastanamaNDalAya//
36. O Sri Radhike, I bow to the orbs of thy youthful bosom, which resemble a pair of golden lotus buds in the lake of amorous play; which are like a couple of juicy fruits on the Fancy-tree of thy inherent and perfectest rapture, and which begiule him whom the whole world begiules.
37. O Sri Radhike, cast thy gracious glance on me, who aspire to decorate thy breasts and cheeks with colourful leaf designs, to intertwine thy braid with a wreath of fresh Jasmin, and to adorn thy limbs with various precious ornaments.
zyAmeti sundaravareti manohareti kandarpakoTilaliteti sunAgareti/ sotkaNThamahni grNatI muhurAkulAksI sA rAdhikA mayi kadA nu bhavetprasannA//
38. Will that Radhika ever be gracious to me? - while she, with tremulous love-lorn eyes and plaintive tones, cries all day long, 'O Dark One, O the most handsome, O Enchanter, O the One with the charm of a million Loves, O most excellent of courtly gallants!
veNuh karAnnipatitah skhalitaM zikhaNDaM bhraSTaM ca pItavasanaM vrajarAjasUnoh/ yasyAh kaTAksazarapAtavimUrcchitasya tAM rAdhikA paricarAmi kadA rasena//
39. When, in rapturous delight, shall I serve Radhika, struck by the keen shafts of whose side-glance the Prince of Vraja lets go the flute from his hand, his peacock feather slips down, his yellow garment drops in disarray and he falls into a swoon, unconscious?
tasyA apArarasasAravilAsamUrter- AnandakandaparamAdbhutasaumyalaksmyAh/ brahmAdidurgamagatervrSabhanujAyAh kainkaryameva mama janmani janmani syAt//
40. May I from birth to birth attain the privilage of servitude to Vrsabhanu's daughter, who is the embodiment of the perenial essence of amorous love-play; who is the wondrous gentle goddess, beloved by the repositary of joy, and hardly comprehended by Brahma and the gods.
41. My great ambition is to become the maid-in-attendance of she who graciously appears in Vrsabhanu's house. For she is the embodiment of the raptures of perfect and constant passion, who radiates the brilliance of the vine-like lightning, and who is the mysterious principle of amorous love for the almighty being,
I recall Sri Radhika's moon-like countenance, which beams forth the rapture of love; which is the source of the revelation of amorous play; which sheds ambrosia for the insatiable Cakora-like eyes of Govinda, and showers brilliant rays of wondrous lunar nectar.
43. Shall I ever conduct Vrsabhanu's daughter, who is apprihensive and shy due to the novelty of new love, by her lotus-hand and with forceful insistance to her most eager lover's bed, made with tender leaflets, in the assignation bower?
Post by madanmohandas on Aug 10, 2008 5:19:33 GMT -6
sadgandhamAlyanavacandralavangasanga tAmbUlasaMpuTamadhIzvarI mAM vahantIm/ zyAmaM tamunmadarasAbhisaMsarantI zrIrAdhike karuNayAnucarIM vidhehi//
44. O Sri Radhike, my tutelary goddess, confer on me the office of thy attending maid, and I shall escort thee to the rendevou with thy Dark beloved carrying sweet smelling wreaths and a casket of Betel-leaf-wraps, seasoned with cloves and fresh camphor, while thou art delerious with excess of rapture.
45. O Sri Radhike, hail to thy adolescence, which steals the mind of the Enchanter himself; which is made attractive by thy newly swelling breasts, resembling a pair of lotus-buds; which is embelished by thy expanding buttocks, and which is rich with the glorious attributes of rapturous love.
The adolescent Mugdha is also illustrated by Kesava das.
The maid servant says to Krsna regarding Radha;
Her eyes dance with pleasure filled, Her hips her waist at last has robbed, Her voice now agitated is, And with shyness her eyes do pause: In movement now she knows no rest, You may demur to meet her, friend, But youth has met her ripening breast, And driven out her ignorance.
Post by madanmohandas on Aug 13, 2008 14:43:28 GMT -6
saMlApmucchaladanangatarangamAlA saMksobhitena vapuSA vrajanAgareNa/ pratyaksaraM ksaradapArarasAmrtAbdhiM zrIrAdhike tava kadA nu srNomyaham//
46. O Sri Radhike, when shall I, stationed close by, listen to thy discourse with Vraja's prince of gallants, whose body is excited to the extreme by surging billows of amorous arousal, and every sylable of which generates a stream of rapture from the ocean of ambrosial love?
47. Hail to some indescribable jewel of amorous heroines, who, even whilst held in the lap of her beloved at the bower boundry, suddenly begins to rave in sweet, indistinct and plaintive tones, 'O Enchanter!', and whose charming limbs become agitated with the delerium of perpetual passion for the Dark One. kunjAntare kimapi jAtarasotsavAyAh zrtvA tadAlapitaznjitamizritAni/ zrIrAdhike tava rahah paricArikAhaM dvArasthitA rasahrade patitA kadA syAm//
48. O Sri Radhike, when shall I, thy private maid, stationed at the bower gate, fall into a pool of rapture, hearing thy sweet discourse mingling with the tinkling of thy ornaments, generating an indescribable festivity of erotic humour within the bower cottage.
vINAM kare madhumatIM madhurasvarAM tAm- AdhAya nAgaraziromaNibhAvalIlAm/ gAyantyaho dinamapAramivAzruvarSair- duhkhAnnayantyahaha sA hrdi me'stu rAdhA//
49. Ah me! may that Radha be manifest in my heart, while taking in her hand the sweet toned Vina, known as Madhumati, sings throughout the livelong day, the love sports of the crest jewel of lovers, and sheds a rain of dropping tears from her sad love-lorne eyes.
50. Ah me! My heart has been stolen by some indescribable accomplished couple, who sport in Vrnda forest to the great glory of supreme rapture, and whose wondrous varigated amorous exploits are augmented by their most mutual laughter and merry mocking.
51. Hail to the new jewel in the crown of town damsels, sweetened by her fresh youth, lustrous as streaks of lightning, and who bathes the universe in the heaving billows of ambrosia from the swelling ocean of rapture generated by supreme love with the dancing of her side long glance. Universe or Vizvam is also one of the thousand names of Hari.
52. Hail to some indescribable young damsel, who is the essence of the ocean of rapturous love, the indeterminate and esoteric principle hidden in all the scriptures known by the name of Radha; who is of boundless compassion; who is charming due to her celestial sweet radiant beauty, whose heart's inhibitions have been loosened by the deep impression of her untainted and most pure love.
53. May I have the conciet to identify myself as a delicate damsel, wearing my lady's used bodice and skirt made of finest bright silk, and confered on me by her own hand as a token of affection; and always in her close proximity ready, with singular dexterity, to attend upon her with all varieties of service.
Post by madanmohandas on Aug 20, 2008 9:24:42 GMT -6
vicinvantI kezAn kvacana karajaih kancukapaTaM kva cApyAmuncantI kucakanakadIvyatkalazayoh/ sugulphe nyasyantI kvacana maNimanjIrayugalaM kadA syAM zrIrAdhe tava suparicAriNyahamaho//
54. O Sri Radhe, when shall I become thy expert hand maid, sometimes disentangling thy tresses with my fingers, now corsetting thy breasts resembling a pair of celestial pitchers wraught of gold, and now embellishing thy lovely heels with a pair of jewel studed anklets?